With Christmas right around the corner, many men will playfully ask women Santa’s famous question, “have you been naughty or nice?” They’ve likely already started fantasizing about Santa-inspired lingerie and unwrapping their gift, if you know what I mean. Although many women are just as excited as their man to start the celebrations in the bedroom, unfortunately others are hesitant, fearful, and apprehensive. Are you one of these women?
Surveys show that the majority of women desire an active sex life, have an underlying ‘naughty’ side, and find the idea of misbehaving sexually exciting. Of course there are plenty of women out there who are very content being conservative, rigid, and in control at all times. You’ll never catch these women dressing up as sexy Santa helpers for their man. However, on the flip side, there are tons of women who crave guilt-free sex, want to change their uptight persona, and embrace their adventurous side. If you are a woman who is tired of being ‘nice’ all the time, the following 5 tips will encourage your ‘naughty’ side to awaken.
Isn’t it time to live in the moment, let go of judgment, release the guilt, and experience your wild side? It sure is!
TIPS TO EMBRACE YOUR ‘NAUGHTY’ SIDE
- Get out of your head – I’m a supporter of practicing meditation, yoga, and silence. It is an opportunity to calm your hyperactive mind and release your judgmental thoughts. Over-analyzing and over-thinking aren’t doing you any favours in your personal life. In order to enjoy the moment and authentically shine your ‘naughty’ side, you’ve got to stop seeking approval and worrying about x, y, and z. End the confusing programming that is going on in your head and learn how to fully enjoy experiences. Mastering this requires practice, so perhaps this can be one of your New Year’s resolutions.
- 2. Love your body – You’re gorgeous and you’re sexy! You’ve got to exude confidence and believe that you are beautiful. If you are focused on stretch marks and cellulite, you likely aren’t going to shine in the bedroom. If you want to embrace your ‘naughty’ side, it is time to fall in love with yourself. In fact, this is where it all begins.
- 3. Detox – Previous bad relationships, past trauma, or belief systems that your parents forced upon you need to be released. Detoxing isn’t just about taking liver-friendly herbs, eating kale, and avoiding alcohol. It is about letting go of anything that is preventing you from realizing your full potential. Whether it’s disappointed love or limiting core beliefs that are holding you back, it is time to cleanse your mind and body from these unhealthy toxins. No more excuses, start 2013 with an empowering cleanse.
- Ensure you feel safe and secure with your partner – Healthy bonding requires communication and in order to embrace your ‘naughty’ side, it is important that you feel safe with your partner. If you don’t trust your partner or can’t communicate with them, you’re not ready to get naked or ‘naughty’ with them. Spend some time nurturing your emotional relationship before you go shopping for your sexy Santa lingerie.
- Address and treat any underlying issues – If you struggle with getting close to others, connecting with your partner, or being intimate in relationships, perhaps there is an underlying deeper issue. It is important to seek professional support in these cases. Be patient with yourself. Remember that we all come from different backgrounds and we all have unique experiences, therefore it isn’t healthy to compare yourself to others. Find a practitioner who you connect with and begin the process of healing. It may take some time, but you’ll get there.
Life is all about growth, movement, and development. Ring in the New Year with a new outlook. This can be a fresh start for you. Begin the process of letting go. Release past disappointments and bad experiences. Set an intention for who you want to be in 2013. Take risks and try new things. This is a powerful year coming up!
I ALWAYS FEEL happy learning new things about bed matterS