Summer is here and maybe you haven’t had time to hit boot camp as much as you’d like. We all socialize more in the summer which means more alcohol units. Don’t cancel that date because your favorite dress doesn’t fit.
Try these tips to create balance with your upper body. How can you minimize your upper body and tummy?
- The easiest way to slim down is to avoid big prints or bold colours on areas of the body you want to minimize. You might think that black is boring but it is sophisticated as well as slimming.
- Flaunt a little décolletage by wearing an open neck line, drawing the eyes up and elongating your silhouette.
- Avoid boxy cuts that will make your upper body look short and stalky.
- Have your date eye you up and down with vertical stripes.
- Tops with rusching are a great way to minimize a rounder tummy.
- If you are larger around the bottom and narrower on the shoulders make sure to wear tops that have a small shoulder pad or shoulder detailing to create balance
What are the easiest ways to minimize your bottom half?
- If you want to wear a sexy dress pay attention to where your hemline ends. This is where the eye will be drawn. If you have thicker thighs choose a dress that goes to the knees. Watch the length for your height. Petite gals should only wear above the knee.
- If you choose monochromatic looks it will help to elongate the frame. If you mix a variety of colours or bold patterns it will draw more attention to specific areas of the body.
- If you think that striped dress is cute really ask yourself if horizontal stripes are flattering. You’re likely to answer no. The wider the stripe the wider the emphasis on any part of your body.
- To smooth out your back side and give it a lift, invest in a good pair of Spanx or a slip. If you are wearing panty hose then choose control top for extra smoothing.