Answer these 10 Questions to See If You Are Relationship Ready!
If you are not emotionally ready to be in an intimate relationship, you will have a difficult time determining whether you are with the right person. The relationship won’t feel right, not because you are not compatible with your mate but because of your own unresolved feelings.
These wise words are from one of our favorite relationship authors who we often recommend: Barbara DeAngelis’ and her book “Are You the One for Me? Knowing Who’s Right and Avoiding Who’s Wrong.”
She recommends the following questions to ask yourself to help determine whether you are ready to have an intimate relationship.
1. Am I still in love with an ex-partner?
2. Am I still carrying tremendous resentment and rage toward an ex-partner?
3. Do I often feel spiritually or emotionally empty within myself?
4. Do I dislike the person I am?
5. Do I feel I have very little that’s valuable to offer a mate?
6. Do I have any addictions I’m not dealing with?
7. Do I feel so lonely and anxious that I’m totally miserable without a relationship?
8. Do I feel no one would want to be in a relationship with me?
9. Do I find it almost impossible to feel any emotion?
10. Am I willing to talk about my feelings with others?
If you answered YES to even one of these questions, you may not be emotionally ready to have an intimate relationship with anyone. Either you have not recovered sufficiently from a previous relationship to give your heart to a new person, or you need to strengthen your self-esteem in order to truly love another person – or let love in. Maybe you feel empty inside and feel that you have nothing to offer. If you answered YES to questions nine or ten, then it will serve you to connect with your own emotions before you can expect someone else to be able to emotionally connect with you.