When a woman goes through a break-up her friends usually tell her to focus on herself and find a really hot rebounder. The rebounder, like the trampoline, will lift you up but bring you down. It never really makes you feel satisfied. So what is the answer to finding that happy place? I am an an optimist, but I know that divine intervention isn’t going to bring Joe Magniello (the smoking HOT werewolf from True Blood) to my front door shirtless. So I will take the next best thing- a shopping spree! After my recent break up this was my answer. With endorphins high, I walked that extra mile for my new Rachel Roy dress with broken feet.
I encourage every woman to have a retail fling but make sure it’s truly satisfying by following these tips:
- Don’t look at the price tag
- Don’t buy something that doesn’t fit thinking you will lose the weight with a post break up diet and exercise. Buy something that makes you feel fabulous today!
- Be complete. We learned to cross our t’s and dot our I’s so make sure you buy the shoes to go with the dress
- Buy something sexy including some lingerie to go under it. Hug your curves and create mystery with the right neckline and hem
- Buy one statement piece like a brightly printed handbag that draws attention. You want to make sure you get complimented so you can tell the world about your shopping fling. A woman always shares her most insightful wisdom.
- Most important bring your best friend because you want to make sure you are buying the BEST for the BEST and you know cocktails are on them